Did you know there are trillions of different kinds of bacteria in your gut? Most people will hear the word bacteria and immediately think of the bad kind, but there are good bacteria too!
The good bacteria in your gut are microorganisms called probiotics. They are needed to keep your gut healthy and keep your digestive system working properly.
Probiotic supplements and foods have become increasingly popular to take and eat as people have become aware of their benefits. Have you have wondered, what can probiotics for gut health do to improve your overall outlook and well-being?
In the following guide, we will give you everything you need to know!
How Can Probiotics Improve Your Health
If you are having problems with your gut health, probiotics can help you improve your digestion and help your gut absorb nutrients better.
They also can help you improve and support your immunity, and they can help if you struggle with inflammation. Probiotics are also known to improve your oral health, mental health, and can even help with weight loss!
Foods To Improve Your Gut Health
One of the easiest and simplest ways to get probiotics is to eat them! Probiotics can be found in a variety of different foods, so there are many options to choose from. Probiotics are mostly found in fermented foods.
Here’s how to improve gut health by eating foods with probiotics:
- Cultured milk products, such as kefir or Greek yogurt. Both of these options will give you a healthy dose of calcium, protein, and probiotics to improve your gut health.
- Kimichi or sauerkraut. These strongly flavored dishes are a popular way to consume probiotics.
- Kombucha is a hugely popular fermented beverage. You can find kombucha in almost any flavor, so there are options for everyone!
- Tempeh is a vegan protein made of fermented soybeans. This is a great option for anyone trying to eat plant-based and who also wants to improve their gut health!
- Miso is another delicious way to consume probiotics. Try a miso soup or miso-based ramen!
- Sourdough bread is another hugely popular way to eat probiotics. From toast to sandwiches, to making homemade croutons, there are many different ways to eat sourdough bread.
Probiotics For Gut Health
Taking probiotic supplements is another way you can improve your gut health. If you are looking to take a higher dose of probiotics than you would find in food, this may be a better option for you!
There are many different types of probiotics, so make sure you talk to your doctor about what kind of probiotic supplements and digestive medications would be best for you to take.
Keep Your Gut Happy and Healthy
If you are struggling with gut health, probiotics may be a great way to improve your digestive system.
On top of improving your digestive health, you will benefit from the many other health gains you can get from taking probiotics supplements or food good for gut health!
Check out more about food, health, and much more on our blog!