If you are a victim of a car accident, you must be wondering what will be the total amount you will be receiving as a settlement offer from an insurance provider. The most common question asked in this regard is, “what is the average settlement I can obtain for a car accident claim?”
What are the key aspects that can determine the average settlement in the context of a car accident?
The two main factors you should take into account while calculating an average settlement for a car accident are:
- The nature of the injuries suffered by you
- The money that the insurance company wants to pay for your claim
Suppose you haven’t met through serious injuries. In that case, you won’t have a chance to acquire a large settlement amount compared to a victim who has encountered severe injuries that have devastated his life’s quality.
In a car accident settlement, medical expenses are the major reason behind the accumulation of expenses. It will take into account all the medical expenses you’ve already paid out and bills that have been accrued. In some cases, you can pay some bills after you’ve received appropriate settlement money. The amount for your medical bills can depend on the elements, such as the sort of care you’ve received. Besides, the medical bills will consider factors such as the specific period you have resided in the hospital. The transportation costs accrued for traveling to and fro to the hospital. Whether you’ve received long-term care or surgery for your medical bills or not will be counted within these expenses. Your chances of acquiring a higher settlement amount will increase if your injuries require costly on-site medical treatment. Your car accident settlement will also cover the number of your lost wages. The lost work wages can result from the money and time you’ve lost on missing work due to your accident injuries. Often, you are allowed to claim on account of your emotional stress that has been resulted from your on-site accident injuries. To claim suffering and pain damages, you must show physical injury and emotional injury resulting from a car accident. Pain & suffering damages are so complex to calculate while requiring the expertise of a knowledgeable car accident attorney. Your capacity to claim this amount can vary as per the information included in your insurance company’s policy. A few examples of pain & suffering damages are being listed below:
- Prolonged depression or anxiety
- loss of ability to enjoy life
- Lowered standard of living
- Failure to take part in the activities you’re fond of
- Loss of a loved one’s companionship
Method of calculating an average settlement
- You can include the cost of your specific damages, such as lost wages and medical bills. Next, depending upon the severity of your injuries, you have to multiply these costs with a number lying between one to five.
- Your attorney will assist you in collecting proofs related to your suffering and pain damages. Next, he/she will calculate the total amount of money you’re entitled to receive. It can also involve estimating the amount you should obtain per day. Besides, the insurance company will calculate this amount as per the period of recovery. You can seek the help of the Orlando Car Accident Lawyer.